Healthcare/Mental & Emotional
These are for anxiety, depression, fatigue, cabin fever and interpersonal issues. They won't necessarily be as vetted as physical health information, but please alert me if there's something concerning about any link's info!
Mental Health Crisis & Suicide Risk
Georgia Crisis & Access Line
For access to services and immediate crisis help, call the Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL) at 1-800-715-4225, available 24/7.
National: Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We're committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness GA (non-crisis helpline for mental health resources) - 770-408-0625
- Trans Lifeline (peer support line by trans people, for trans or questioning people): 877-565-8860
- Other mental health resources (mutilation support, peer to peer, sex addiction...etc)
- Where to Find Free Mental Health Resources During the Pandemic
- How to Find a Therapist
- Mental Health First Aid for COVID-19 Online - Online Course
- List of Mental Health Services and Support
- Talkspace - Virtual Online Therapy
- Brightside - Virtual Online Therapy
- Partnership Against Domestic Violence
- 11 MAY 2020 How to Deal With Feeling Bad About Your Body During Isolation
- 30 APR 2020 Why the Coronavirus Is So Confusing - A guide to making sense of a problem that is now too big for any one person to fully comprehend
- 29 APR 2020 Hygiene of Hand and Mind during the Pandemic - Making handwashing a meditative practice can help us focus on humanity’s interconnectedness with the environment
- 29 APR 2020 'Allostatic Load' is the Psychological Reason for Our Pandemic Brain Fog
- 27 APR 2020 Why You’re So Irritated by Everything
- 15 APR 2020 The 3 Words You Shouldn’t Say Right Now
- 13 APR 2020 Your Only Goal Is to Arrive - To survive quarantine, you need to change your metrics
- 10 APR 2020 17 Totally Normal Things to Feel Right Now, According to Therapists
- 05 APR 2020 Helping Children Cope with Quarantine (VIDEO)
- 05 APR 2020 Avoiding Conflict at Home (VIDEO)
- 21 MAR 2020 NYT: I Spent a Year in Space, and I Have Tips on Isolation to Share
- 24 MAR 2020 Is Anyone Else Just Barely Functioning Right Now?
- 23 MAR 2020 That Discomfort You're Feeling is Grief
- 19 MAR 2020 Free Guide To Living With Worry And Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty
- 18 MAR 2020 Coping with the Negative Effects of Social Distancing
- 16 MAR 2020 How to protect your mental health
- 13 MAR 2020 Don’t Go Down a Coronavirus Anxiety Spiral
- 13 MAR 2020 What to Do If Your Anxiety About Coronavirus Feels Overwhelming
If you are being abused by a partner, parent, family member, friend, etc. please go to this page Other Domestic Violence Resources
Research and Trends
- Coronavirus: 36% Of Americans Say Pandemic Has Made A ‘Serious Impact’ On Their Mental Health
- The pandemic is giving people vivid, unusual dreams. Here’s why.