Jump to navigation Jump to search
Atlanta Legal Aid Society (ALAS)
- Fulton County/Downtown Office Phone Number: (404) 524-5811
- Intake Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Fulton County/Downtown Location: 54 Ellis St. NE Atlanta, GA 30303
- Information: Income requirements for ALAS vary by county and type of legal issue. It is best to call to see if you qualify. If you qualify, you will receive a consultation with an attorney or paralegal who will call you back, often the same day, and at the latest within 2 business days. Any tenant living in Public Housing Authority or HUD housing will typically qualify. ALAS provides services to people in all five metro counties of Atlanta (Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Cobb, and Clayton). There are offices in each county.
- All office locations, and phone numbers
- Phone Number: (404) 521-0790
- Intake Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Information: AVLF provides every tenant who meets their income requirements with detailed legal advice. AVLF income requirement is 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Call to see if you qualify. You can see a breakdown of income income level and family size here: http://www.mnbudgetproject.org/research-analysis/economic-security/poverty-income/federal-poverty-guidelines
- If AVLF thinks you have a strong case they will try to provide a volunteer attorney to represent you. If you qualify, you will either be scheduled for an in-person meeting or a phone call with a lawyer within 1-2 weeks. **If you are having a dispute with a public housing authority or HUD, you may want to call Atlanta Legal Aid Society first to see if they can help you. AVLF usually only handles cases where the tenant is having a dispute with a private landlord.
- Serves rural Georgians with pro-bono legal services. Visit glsp.org or call 1-833-457-7529