Jump to navigation Jump to search
Individual State News
- 23 MAY 2020 ND: GOP governor offers emotional plea to the anti-mask crowd: Stop this senseless culture war
- 23 MAY 2020 North Carolina Reports Highest One Day Spike Of COVID-19 Cases
- 19 MAY 2020 Update: Florida Health Department manager told to delete coronavirus data forced to resign, she says
- 19 MAY 2020 States accused of manipulating COVID-19 statistics to make situation look better
- 18 MAY 2020 Bay Area goes two days straight without a coronavirus death for first time since start of March
- 11 MAY 2020 Does Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis know what he’s doing? We’re about to find out.
- 11 MAY 2020 New York City Saw 24,172 More Deaths Than Normal During Outbreak
- 10 MAY 2020 South Dakota governor threatens Native American tribes with legal action if they do not remove coronavirus checkpoints
- 07 MAY 2020 Arizona halts partnership with experts predicting coronavirus cases would continue to mount
- 06 MAY 2020 New York’s patron saint of PPE went $600,000 in debt to outfit workers — and hospitals keep turning her down
- 06 MAY 2020 UPDATE: Shooting at OKC McDonald’s over COVID-19 dining room policy leaves 3 injured
- 05 MAY 2020 Texas salon owner sentenced to 7 days in jail for remaining open during pandemic
- 05 MAY 2020 Coronavirus Update: Cuomo Says Decisions About Reopening Are Actually About How Much A Human Life Is Worth
- 05 MAY 2020 Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Caught on Recording Saying Reopening Will Increase Spread of Coronavirus
- 30 APR 2020 Source: 669 Tyson workers at Dakota City, Nebraska, plant test positive for COVID-19
- 30 APR 2020 Maryland governor says coronavirus tests acquired from South Korea under guard at undisclosed location
- 29 APR 2020 FLORIDA STOPS MEDICAL EXAMINERS FROM RELEASING CORONAVIRUS DEATH DATA: REPORT
- 23 APR 2020 Correctional Model Predicts 99% COVID-19 Infection Rate In Arizona Prisons
- 22 APR 2020 ‘We have flattened the curve:’ Florida governor says hospitals won’t be overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients
- 22 APR 2020 Beneath the Sickened City: A late-night ride on New York's subway finds the homeless seeking shelter in an epidemic
- 19 APR 2020 New york to undertake "most aggressive statewide antibody testing in the nation" next week
- 19 APR 2020 KENTUCKY REPORTS HIGHEST CORONAVIRUS INFECTION INCREASE AFTER A WEEK OF PROTESTS TO REOPEN STATE
- 18 APR 2020 Illinois' governor organized secret flights to bring masks and gloves from China out of fear Trump would seize them
- 16 APR 2020 New York forms team to develop 'Trump-proof' economic reopening plan
- 14 APR 2020 South Dakota Refused To Shut Down, Now Faces One Of The Largest Coronavirus Outbreaks In The Country
- 24 MAY 2020 Coronavirus death toll in US likely worse than numbers say
- Experts say the more than 10,000 deaths is an undercount, full picture unknown.
- 08 MAY 2020 Coronavirus: US death toll would have been halved had it acted 4 days sooner, study says
- 06 MAY 2020 Don’t Be Fooled by America’s Flattening Curve
- 04 MAY 2020 The US just reported its deadliest day for coronavirus patients as states reopen, according to WHO
- 30 APR 2020 Fauci warns reopening states: 'You can't just leap over things'
- 29 APR 2020 https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/04/29/far-greater-u-s-covid-19-death-toll-indicated-cdc-data/3048381001/ [Spike in US deaths and cases flagged as pneumonia suggests even greater COVID-19 impact]
- 28 APR 2020 U.S. coronavirus deaths projected at over 74,000 by August
- 27 APR 2020 In Just Months, the Coronavirus Has Killed More Americans Than 20 Years of War in Vietnam
- 27 APR 2020 U.S. deaths soared in early weeks of pandemic, far exceeding number attributed to covid-19
- 24 APR 2020 Hidden outbreaks spread through U.S. cities far earlier than Americans knew, estimates say
- 23 APR 2020 USDA inspector dies as coronavirus spreads in meat packing plants.
- 23 APR 2020 8 In 10 Americans Support COVID-19 Shutdown, Kaiser Health Poll Finds
- 23 APR 2020 Dr. Anthony Fauci 'Not Overly Confident'
- 21 APR 2020 CDC director warns second wave of coronavirus is likely to be even more devastating
- 21 APR 2020 Most Americans don't think gatherings will be safe until at least June: poll
- 20 APR 2020 How Accurate Is Trump’s Claim That The U.S. Has A Better COVID-19 Death Rate Than Other Nations?
- 19 APR 2020 Sudden rise of coronvirus cases hitting rural states - States without stay-at-home orders are seeing caseloads increase
- 16 APR 2020 A New Statistic Reveals Why America’s COVID-19 Numbers Are Flat
- Few figures tell you anything useful about how the coronavirus has spread through the U.S. Here’s one that does.
- 14 APR 2020 US may have to endure social distancing until 2022 if no vaccine is quickly found, scientists predict
- 14 APR 2020 The Huge Cost of Waiting to Contain the Pandemic
- 12 APR 2020 Fauci: If Covid-19 mitigation efforts started earlier, "you could have saved lives"
- 11 APR 2020 The United States is reporting 20,000 coronavirus deaths, more than any other country
- 11 APR 2020 The Costly Toll of Not Closing Down Spring Break Earlier
- 18 MAY 2020 America’s Patchwork Pandemic Is Fraying Even Further
- The coronavirus is coursing through different parts of the U.S. in different ways, making the crisis harder to predict, control, or understand.
- 11 MAY 2020 As States Rush to Reopen, Scientists Fear a Coronavirus Comeback - Having 50 states and more territories do competing and uncoordinated experiments in reopening is “daring Mother Nature to kill you or someone you love,” Dr. Frieden said. “Mother Nature bats last, and she bats a thousand.”
- 10 MAY 2020 Why it matters that the NIH canceled a coronavirus research grant - Faulty allegations led to cutting $3.7 million dollars to ecologists studying coronaviruses. The ramifications may be felt in future pandemics.
- 06 MAY 2020 The TSA Hoarded 1.3 Million N95 Masks Even Though Airports Are Empty and It Doesn’t Need Them
- 06 MAY 2020 ICU doctor fighting coronavirus denied green card: 'It's like a slap in the face'
- 04 MAY 2020 Robert Mercer, Man Behind Cambridge Analytica, Is Funding Anti-Shutdown Protests
- 30 APR 2020 Republican-led states signal they could strip workers’ unemployment benefits if they don’t return to work, sparking fresh safety fears - The message to workers is “endanger your life or starve,” critics say
- 24 APR 2020 Trolls and bots are flooding social media with disinformation encouraging states to end quarantine
- 24 APR 2020 ‘Complete disbelief’: Governors blindside front-line staff with abrupt reopening plans
- 23 APR 2020 States rushing to reopen are likely making a deadly error, coronavirus models and experts warn
- 22 APR 2020 CEO Defends Reopening Gyms by Falsely Claiming Coronavirus Can Be Cured 'With a Few Hundred Dollars' Worth of Drugs'
- 21 APR 2020 Protesters Pushing to Reopen Economy Are ‘Idiots,’ Says Top Manufacturing Lobbyist
- 20 APR 2020 Conservative activist family behind 'grassroots' anti-quarantine Facebook events
- 20 APR 2020 Who’s Behind the “Reopen” Domain Surge?
- 20 APR 2020 Why getting the U.S. back to normal in the next couple months is a ‘fantasy’
Good News & People
- 08 MAY 2020 A teacher barely knew her student’s parents. But she took in their newborn while they had covid-19.
- 22 APR 2020 Publix says it will buy farmers' excess food, donate it to food banks
National News & Info
Not related to official statements, declarations, etc.
- 06 MAY 2020 Coronavirus survivors banned from joining the military
- 29 APR 2020 Guidelines call for 14-day drop in cases to reopen. No state has met them.
- 27 APR 2020 Trump Administration Has Enough Tests for 2% of Each State’s Population, Official Says
- 21 APR 2020 Jeffrey Sachs on the Catastrophic American Response to the Coronavirus
- 21 APR 2020 Watch Vegas Mayor Advocate Survival of the Fittest Reopening Strategy, With Total Disregard for Human Life
- 19 APR 2020 Native Americans sue federal government for control of $8 billion in coronavirus funding
- 18 APR 2020 Contamination at CDC lab delayed rollout of coronavirus tests
- 17 APR 2020 Navajo Nation has lost more to coronavirus than 13 states
- 17 APR 2020 ‘They’re Death Pits’: Virus Claims at Least 6,900 Lives in U.S. Nursing Homes
- 15 APR 2020 Covid-19 is rapidly becoming America’s leading cause of death
- 15 APR 2020 CDC director distances himself from Trump’s WHO criticism, saying the agencies ‘continue to have’ strong relationship
- 15 APR 2020 America’s embarrassingly mediocre coronavirus testing, in 2 charts
- 14 APR 2020 CDC: More than 9,000 health workers have tested positive for coronavirus
- 14 APR 2020 Chicago coronavirus outbreak infects dozens of migrant children in U.S. custody
- 13 APR 2020 SNOOP DOGG IS HELPING DONATE 1 MILLION VEGAN BURGERS TO HOSPITALS
- 13 APR 2020 Citing coronavirus, states urge Supreme Court to reconsider order on "public charge" rule
- 13 APR 2020 "We are trapped": Immigrant women detained during pandemic speak out
- 11 APR 2020 Coronavirus will trigger ‘staggering and unprecedented’ increase in number of homeless in US, say experts
- 09 APR 2020 States are bidding against each other and the federal government for important medical supplies — and it’s driving up prices
First Cases and Deaths in the United States
So we can keep timelines in mind
First Known Case
- JANUARY 20, 2020: First Known Case in the United States
First Recorded Deaths