Assistance/Finances & Money
This is for advice and news about dealing with your finances during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- 1 Sites providing many resources and links
- 2 General advice - Financial Advice during the Pandemic
- 3 Coronavirus Relief Bill
- 4 Housing - Mortgages - Rent
- 5 Student Loans
- 6 Banks & Credit Cards
Some banks, insurance companies (auto, home), and other financial businesses are taking measures for the convenience and well-being of their customers. This is specifically aimed towards banks and other businesses that deal directly with your money. or other types of assistance:
- Utilities (phone, electricity, gas, wireless/cellphones,internet, etc)
- Economic Stimulus and Assistance by US Government
- Assistance/Home Issues - Abuse, need for shelter, mental health issues, etc.
- Work/Job Search and Unemployment Information
Large number of helpful links by Public Health Awakened and The Spirit of 1848 COVID-19
Love in the Time of Corona/El amor en el tiempo de Corona - large number of listings on how to give and receive help
General advice - Financial Advice during the Pandemic
- Your money and the pandemic
- Acorns.com Financial Planning
- Don’t Panic: Make These 3 Money Moves in Case the Coronavirus Causes a Recession
- How to Create an Emergency Budget to Deal With COVID-19
- Managing Your Credit During Coronavirus
- Ask A CFP: How Do I Manage My Finances During COVID-19?
- Everything you need to know about the stimulus checks in the coronavirus relief bill
Housing - Mortgages - Rent
- If you have a Section 8 voucher or live in an Atlanta Housing property, and have lost income due to COVID-19, they can cancel your rent for up to 2 months.
- Contact the housing authority and read more here: www.atlantaga.gov/home/components/News/News/13322/672
Mortgage / Homeowner Assistance
If you are a homeowner who has been impacted by the coronavirus, visit this link for mortgage assistance information.
Jewish Family and Career Services
- JF&CS offers emergency financial assistance. To see if you are eligible, call (770) 677-9389
- New Life Community Center offers financial assistance for rent and/or utility payments. Visit this link for more information: https://nlcc-atl.org/homeless-prevention/
- If you are a Fulton County family experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, you can call (404) 622-0973 to see if you qualify for emergency assistance. Nicholas House only assists families.
- Serves individuals and families in north Fulton County. Cities covered include Crabapple, Johns Creek, Haynes Bridge and Roswell. Visit this link to apply for assistance: https://nfcchelp.org/how-we-help/apply-for-help/
- The Salvation Army provides emergency financial assistance for rent/mortgages, utilities, and other expenses. Call (404) 486-2888 or contact your local branch directly for more information:
- Financial Emergency Services
Zion Hill Community Development Corporation To apply for assistance, call (404) 766-3141 and leave a message.
- Federal Student Aid: Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Federal Student Loan Interest Waiver
Banks & Credit Cards
- 22 APR 2020 What Financial Institutions Are Doing to Help Their Customers
- 20 APR 2020 Coronavirus credit card payment and debt relief: How issuers are responding to COVID-19
- 15 APR 2020 Can’t Pay Off Your Credit Card Due to Coronavirus? Your Bank May Be Able to Help.
Info for specific financial institutions
- Ally Bank
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- Chase Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs
- PayPal/PayPal Credit
- PNC Bank
- Truist Bank (formerly SunTrust and BB&T Banks)
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank